Schoo Middle School
Daily Student Announcements
Monday, March 5, 2018
Today is an ‘X’ Day
• The LPS BackPack Extra Mile Walk is Saturday, April 28 at 10 a.m. at East High. Our current competition runs until tomorrow (March 6th). Students should give donations to their Language Arts or English teachers. All students that bring a $10 donation will receive a neon green shirt! Students who bring in canned goods will also have a chance to receive the same shirt depending on the amount donated. The grade level team that collects the most will win a block party and the class who donates the most in *each* grade level, will win a special treat!
• Track season will begin on March 19th, the Monday following spring break. Students may sign up using the Google Classroom code: pad0kp. Mrs. H will be in the lunch room for pre-season questions and sign-up this week.
• Got spirit? Then the North Star cheerleaders are looking for you! Try-out packets are now available in the Schoo office. Practices are March 19th to 23rd with the try-outs on March 24th.
• Any student-athletes interested in attending North Star next year that are not doing track this spring, the weight room at North Star will be available starting today (March 5th) from 3:30 to 4:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Please come through the front doors and you will be directed to the weight room.
• Seventh graders! Please return your electives form to your English teacher by Wednesday, March 7th. On Thursday, March 8th, you will be registering for your electives for 8th grade. If you don’t have the form returned, you will not be able to register.