Schoo Middle School
Daily Student Announcements
Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018
Today is a ‘Y’ Day
• Students are not allowed to wait outside after 3:15. If your ride has not arrived by that time, you must wait in the media center. You will be called out when your ride arrives. You also cannot leave the school grounds and return to ride the late bus.
• Schoo’s monthly Food Market is on Thursday. If you have never participated and would like to, please see Mrs. Taurins in the Schoo office to pick up a permission form.
• Current Events Club will meet after school tomorrow (Oct. 31st) in room 224 with Mr. Bogus. Topics of discussion will be the Supreme Court and the mid-term elections.
• You have two days left to turn in Box Tops! The Box Top Challenge ends tomorrow (Oct. 31st). So far we have collected 2,492 box tops earning our school $249.20! The top five leading classes are:
Mr. Simodynes with 568 box tops,
Mr. Reinwald with 403 box tops,
Mr. Thatcher with 204 box tops,
Mr. Chambers with 182 box tops, and
Mrs. Wahlstrom with 167 box tops.
The winning class will get donuts and juice this Friday!
• It’s Red Ribbon/Spirit Week (Oct. 29 to Nov. 2)! The themes are:
Today: “Let’s Sock It to Drugs” – Wear crazy socks
Tomorrow: “We’re Too Bright for Drugs” – Wear bright/neon colored clothing
Thursday: “Pink Out Drugs” – Wear Pink
Friday: “Living Drug Free is NO SWEAT!” – Wear sweatpants and comfy clothing
• Remember that today (Tuesday, Oct. 30th) is a PLC Day. School dismisses at 1:40 p.m. There are no intramurals or clubs today.